Summertime has historically been a great time for real estate sales in the Canton area and this summer is no exception.
In fact, the latest real estate data suggests that it’s only going to keep getting better for home sellers in the area, with both the average price per square foot and the median home sales price increasing.
If you’re planning on listing your home anytime soon in this market, make sure to take a few moments to familiarize yourself with recent market trends.
Plenty of Reasons to Celebrate If You’re a Canton Home Seller
Here’s an overview of recent activity on the local real estate market in Canton:
- Currently there are 385 homes for sale on the market, including 194 in some stage of the foreclosure process.
- Between March and June, the average price per square foot for a Canton home was $107, up 9.2 percent when compared to the week before.
- The median home sales price was $193,700 based on 218 home sales.
- Compared with a year ago, the median home sales price increased 12.7 percent, or $21,900.
- And the number of home sales decreased 39.4 percent.
- Here’s how nearby communities stacked up when it came to median sales price:
- Northville: $310,000
- Livonia: $143,750
- South Lyon: $257,000
- Farmington: $141,250
- Novi: $250,000
- Plymouth $256,000
- For the week ending on June 25, the average listing price for Canton homes was $269,462, down 2.3 percent from the week before.
- Specifically, the average listing price for a 2-bedroom home was $177,175.
- The average listing price for a 3-bedroom home was $190,389.
- And the average listing price for a 4-bedroom home was $351,693.
- Here’s how other communities nearby compared in terms of average listing price for the week ending on June 25:
- Northville: $642,379
- Livonia: $178,559
- South Lyon: $352,308
- Farmington: $148,491
- Novi: $355,864
- Plymouth $370,111
Ready to Enter the Canton, MI Real Estate Market as a Seller?
As you can see, home owners just like you are enjoying great success with listing their properties on the Canton real estate market. So contact me, Noel Bittinger, and my team of real estate experts for valuable assistance with selling your current home.
Until next time,
EXPLORE our website: www.Bittinger.com
LIKE us on Facebook at Living In Plymouth/Canton/Northville Michigan to stay abreast of the local real estate market and to celebrate these communities with us!
LIKE us on Facebook at Michigan Homes Coming Soon to learn about the hottest new listings … sometimes before they are even on the market!