Evidently, the average price per square foot as well as the median home sales price have increased, even as the total number of home sales has actually decreased.
If you’re considering entering the market anytime soon as a home seller, you’re sure to find today’s blog useful.
Canton Homes for Sale
Here’s an overview of the current state of the Canton real estate market:
- Currently there are 378 homes for sale on the market, including more than 100 that are in some stage of the foreclosure process.
- Between May and July, the average price per square foot for Canton homes was $101, up 13.5 percent from the same period last year.
- Also during that period, the median sales price for Canton homes was $188,000, based on 413 home sales.
- When compared to a year ago, the median home sales price increased 18 percent, or $28,655.
- Meanwhile, the total number of home sales decreased 8.2 percent.
- Here’s a look at how other communities stacked up when it came to median sales price:
- Salem: $167,500
- Northville: $305,000
- Novi: $170,770
- Livonia: $130,625
- South Lyon: $202,500
- Superior Township: $48,000
- During the week ending on August 14, the average listing price for Canton homes was $243,928, down 1.3 percent from the week before.
- During that previous week, the average listing price was $247,100.
- During the week ending on August 14, the average listing price for a 2-bedroom home was $160,430.
- The average listing price for a 3-bedroom home was $197,396.
- And the average listing price for a 4-bedroom home was $315,104.
- Here’s how other communities compared in terms of average listing price:
- Salem: $140,000
- Northville: $500,090
- Novi: $354,742
- Livonia: $177,458
- South Lyon: $369,934
- Superior Township: $253,802
Your Dedicated Canton, MI REALTORS®
As you can see, there are plenty of reasons to celebrate being a home seller in Canton lately.
If you’re interested in entering the local housing market as a home seller, please contact us at The Bittinger Team.
We’ll be happy to assist you by offering valuable home-selling advice and resources, including our Market Stats report.
Until next time,
Visit us on our website: www.Bittinger.com
LIKE us on Facebook at Living In Plymouth/Canton/Northville Michigan to stay abreast of the local real estate market and to celebrate these communities with us!
LIKE us on Facebook at Michigan Homes Coming Soon to learn about the hottest new listings … sometimes before they are even on the market!