Last week I told you about how Canton, MI is seeing some favorable conditions on the local housing market lately. This week, I’m here to tell you that Plymouth is experiencing a similar success story!
According to the most recent market data (and just like its neighbor, Canton), Plymouth has seen an increase in the average price per square foot as well as the median home sales price.
This is remarkable, especially given that the overall number of home sales has actually decreased.
The Plymouth MI Real Estate 411
Here’s an overview of the most recent data to be released about the Plymouth housing market:
- Currently there are 198 homes for sale on the market, including 42 in some stage of the foreclosure process.
- Between February and May, the average price per square foot for Plymouth homes was $139, up 2.2 percent when compared to the same period last year.
- Meanwhile, the median sales price for homes was $255,000 based on 45 home sales.
- When compared to last year, the median sales price has increased 25.2 percent, or $51,275.
- Meanwhile, the number of home sales has actually decreased 66.4 percent.
- Here’s how other communities stacked up when it came to median sales price
- Northville: $237,850
- Livonia: $140,000
- South Lyon: $223,000
- Farmington: $150,000
- Novi: $255,000
- Canton: $184,000
- During the week ending on May 21, the average listing price for Plymouth homes was $423,516, up 9.9 percent from the week before.
- During that previous week, the average listing price was closer to $385,000.
- Broken down, the average listing price for 2-bedroom homes was $198,850
- The average price for 3-bedroom homes was $268,416
- And the average price for 4-bedroom homes was $470,365
- Here’s how other communities compared when it came to average listing price:
- Northville: $513,786
- Livonia: $185,412
- South Lyon: $397,504
- Farmington: $161,751
- Novi: $369,501
- Canton: $252,036
Now Is The Time to Sell Your Plymouth Home
Contact me, Noel Bittinger, today to get started with listing the Plymouth home you currently own. As you can see, a lot of home sellers are being pleasantly surprised with how much money their properties are fetching these days.
I’ll be glad to help you realize your own home selling dream by providing you with valuable resources, helpful advice and expert knowledge of the market in Plymouth.
Until next time,
EXPLORE our website: www.Bittinger.com
LIKE us on Facebook at Living In Plymouth/Canton/Northville Michigan to stay abreast of the local real estate market and to celebrate these communities with us!
LIKE us on Facebook at Michigan Homes Coming Soon to learn about the hottest new listings … sometimes before they are even on the market!