The Canton, Michigan real estate market has been a bit up and down for area home sellers lately.
According to the most recent Canton housing market data, the average price per square foot has increased as well as the average listing price.
During that same time, however, the total number of home sales and the median sales price has actually decreased.
If you’re considering listing your home anytime soon on the Canton housing market, I recommend you continue reading to learn more about recent market activity.
Homes for Sale in Canton, MI
Here are some of the highlights of the recent market activity we’re seeing in Canton:
- Currently there are 330 homes for sale on the market, a number of which are in some stage of the foreclosure process.
- Between September and November, the average price per square foot for Canton homes was $90, up 3.4 percent when compared to the same period in 2011.
- Meanwhile, the median sales price for Canton homes was $165,000 based on 351 home sales.
- When compared to that time period in 2011, the median sales price has decreased by 10.8 percent, or about $20,000.
- And the total number of home sales has decreased by 25.8 percent.
- Here’s how other communities compared when it came to median sales price during the week ending on Dec. 12:
- Salem: $139,000
- Northville: $288,000
- Novi: $219,500
- Livonia: $114,900
- South Lyon: $178,500
- During the week ending on December 12, the average listing price for Canton homes was $236,543, up 1.8 percent from the week before.
- During that previous week, the average listing price was $232,343.
- Broken down further, the average listing price for a 2-bedroom Canton home during that week was $131,408
- The average listing price for a 3-bedroom home was $184,477
- And the average listing price for a 4-bedroom home was $287,026
- Here’s how nearby communities fared in terms of average listing price:
- Salem: $375,744
- Northville: $491,821
- Novi: $1,055,834
- Livonia: $136,401
- South Lyon: $299,403
Canton, Michigan Home Sellers
That’s where we at The Bittinger Team can help!
Contact us today to learn about the exclusive marketing plan we offer to Canton home sellers that work with us. We also invite you to check out some of the free resources we’re already offering online, such as:
Until next time,