Unlike the market in Plymouth Michigan, the Canton real estate market was remarkably favorable to area home sellers during the month of December.
For instance, both the home sales price and the average listing price increased.
Continue reading for a comprehensive report on the current state of the Canton real estate market.
Canton Properties for Sale
Here’s a look at the latest data on the Canton housing market, based on the real estate website Trulia:
- Currently there are 384 resale and new homes on the market, including 317 in some stage of the foreclosure process.
- Between September and November, the median sales price for a Canton home was $234,000, up 46.2 percent from the year before.
- During that same period last year, the median sales price was $160,000.
- Here’s a look at how neighboring cities stack up in terms of median sales price:
- Northville: $269,474
- Salem: $139,000
- Canton: $234,000
- Novi: $170,000
- Livonia: $110,000
- South Lyon: $216,000
- Currently, the average price per square foot on a Canton home is $85, down 2.3 percent from the same period last year.
- During the week ending on December 21, the average listing price for a home was $203,113, up 2.2 percent from the week before.
- During that previous week, the average listing price was $198,652.
- Here’s a look at how neighboring cities stack up in terms of average listing price:
- Northville: $449,718
- Salem: $698,071
- Canton: $203,113
- Novi: $307,466
- Livonia: $126,459
- South Lyon: $283,538
- During the week ending on December 21, the average listing price for a 2-bedroom Canton home was $99,043
- The average listing price on a 3-bedroom home was $156,277
- And the average listing price on a 4-bedroom home was $261,024
Listing Your Canton Home for Sale
I hope you found the above information encouraging as a Canton area real estate expert. After all, there are a lot of things to be thrilled about: rising average listing price, rising median sales price and higher property values than surrounding cities.
If you’ve been thinking about listing your Canton home for sale, my team of Canton REALTORS and I would be happy to help!
Contact me, Noel Bittinger, today to discover why so many Canton area home owners trust us to sell their home for top dollar.
And if you get a chance, make sure you check out some of our helpful home selling resources, including:
Until next time,