After all, according to the latest data, both the average price per square foot as well as the median home sales price has increased. This suggests that home sellers who enter the market have a great opportunity to get a good price for their property.
Continue reading to learn more about what sellers can expect on the local housing market.
The Highlights of the Latest Canton Market Report
Here’s what sellers should be aware of in terms of the local housing market:
- Currently there are 449 homes for sale on the market, including 272 that are in some stage of the foreclosure process.
- Between June and September, the average price per square foot for Canton homes was $119, compared to the same period last year.
- Also during that time, the median sales price for homes was $210,000 based on 111 home sales.
- Compared to a year ago, the median home sales price has increased 2.4 percent, or $5,000.
- And the number of home sales decreased 70.8 percent.
- Here’s how other communities stacked up when it came to median sales price:
- Plymouth: $285,000
- Livonia: $155,000
- Northville: $300,000
- South Lyon: $289,000
- Farmington: $175,000
- Novi: $291,650
- During the week ending on Sept. 2, the average listing price for a Canton home was $269,103, down 1.3 percent from the week before.
- During that previous week, the average listing price was $272,500.
- More specifically, during the week ending on Sept. 2, the average listing price for a 2-bedroom home was $173,980.
- The average listing price for a 3-bedroom home was $228,883.
- And the average listing price for a 4-bedroom home was $346,258.
- Here’s a look at how other communities did in terms of average listing price:
- Plymouth: $347,824
- Livonia: $181,244
- Northville: $454,406
- South Lyon: $307,326
- Farmington: $202,564
- Novi: $352,348
We’re Your Dedicated Canton MI Realtors
As you can see, conditions are right so please consider listing your home today!
Until next time
EXPLORE our website: www.Bittinger.com
LIKE us on Facebook at Living In Plymouth/Canton/Northville Michigan to stay abreast of the local real estate market and to celebrate these communities with us!
LIKE us on Facebook at Michigan Homes Coming Soon to learn about the hottest new listings … sometimes before they are even on the market!