The year 2015 is off to a strong start here on the Canton, MI real estate market.
According to the latest market data, both the average price per square foot and the median home sales price have increased in the last year.
This is great news for any current home owner hoping to get a great price for their Canton property for sale.
Let’s Take a Closer Look at Recent Market Data
Here’s an overview of recent market activity in Canton:
- Currently there are 346 homes for sale on the market, including 158 in some stage of the foreclosure process.
- Between October and January, the average price per square foot for Canton homes was $109, up 2.8 percent from the same period last year.
- Meanwhile, the median sales price for homes was $205,250 based on 202 home sales.
- Compared to the same period last year, the median home sales price has increased 6.6 percent, or $12,750.
- And the number of home sales has decreased 27.6 percent.
- Here’s how other communities stacked up in terms of median sales price
- Northville $275,000
- Livonia $150,000
- South Lyon $236,500
- Farmington $165,186
- Plymouth $222,250
- During the week ending on Jan. 28, the average listing price for Canton homes was $260,836, up 1 percent from the week before.
- During the previous week, the average listing price was around $258,000.
- Broken down further, the average listing price for 2-bedroom homes was $185,781
- The average listing price for 3-bedroom homes was $204,027
- And the average listing price for 4-bedroom homes was $356,131
- Here’s how other communities compared when it came to average listing price:
- Northville $566,708
- Livonia $174,408
- South Lyon $399,345
- Farmington 143,874
- Plymouth $361,447
We’ll Help You Yield A Successful Outcome as a Home Seller
Until next time,
EXPLORE our website: www.Bittinger.com
LIKE us on Facebook at Living In Plymouth/Canton/Northville Michigan to stay abreast of the local real estate market and to celebrate these communities with us!
LIKE us on Facebook at Michigan Homes Coming Soon to learn about the hottest new listings … sometimes before they are even on the market!