In fact, during the last several weeks, the average price per square foot for Canton homes increased – as did the average listing price.
And even though the total number of home sales decreased, the median sales price continued to increase.
All of this suggests that home sellers should be in pretty good shape as we head into the fall.
News You Can Use From The Canton Housing Market
Here’s an overview of the current state of the Canton real estate market:
- Between May and July, the average price per square foot for Canton homes was $113, up 11.9 percent from the same period last year.
- Meanwhile, the median sales price for homes was $199,000 based on 228 home sales.
- When compared to the same period last year, the median home sales price has increased 11.2 percent – or about $20,000.
- Meanwhile, the total number of home sales decreased 40.8 percent.
- Here’s a look at how other communities nearby performed in terms of median sales price:
- Northville $306,000
- Livonia $150,500
- South Lyon $260,000
- Farmington $187,250
- Novi $246,000
- Plymouth $289,000
- Currently there are 428 homes for sale on the market, including 193 in some state of the foreclosure process.
- During the week ending on July 30, the average listing price for homes was $251,530, up 0.6 percent from the week before.
- Specifically, the average listing price for 2-bedroom homes in this community was $175,444
- The average listing price for 3-bedroom homes was $186,631
- And the average listing price for 4-bedroom homes was $328,161
- Here’s how nearby communities compared when it came to average listing price:
- Northville $487,735
- Livonia $179,141
- South Lyon $348,256
- Farmington $286,315
- Novi $349,206
- Plymouth $371,251
How Can We Help You With Your Next Canton Home Transaction?
Having the most up-to-date statistics at your fingertips is just the first step toward navigating the housing market like a pro.
It’s important to have an experienced and qualified real estate agent by your side to help you expertly navigate the market in Canton and get the results you want.
So contact us at The Bittinger Team today to discover how we can help you. So contact us if you’re a Canton home seller, we’ll work hard to represent your best interests and get you the outcome you want.
Until next time,
EXPLORE our website: www.Bittinger.com
LIKE us on Facebook at Living In Plymouth/Canton/Northville Michigan to stay abreast of the local real estate market and to celebrate these communities with us!
LIKE us on Facebook at Michigan Homes Coming Soon to learn about the hottest new listings … sometimes before they are even on the market!