Fall is a beautiful time of year here in southeast Michigan! We have stunning colors and terrific events and activities for all ages. Here are some fun things to do this weekend in Plymouth, Canton and Northville!
Take advantage of this event featuring two great speakers at this event held at the Plymouth Historical Museum on Saturday (10/18), 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Topics include the use of social media in geneology research and finding women in military records. The event also includes lunch and museum tour! For information, click here.
The streets in downtown Plymouth will be closed for this fun event for all ages on Sunday (10/19) from noon until 3 p.m.! Games, candy, contests, candy, entertainment, candy … and great Halloween fun! Wear your costume and dress your pet. For more information, click here.
Great Pumpkin Festival
Maybury Farm hosts this fun event for the whole family on Saturday (10/18) from noon until 5:00 p.m. Don’t forget that their seriously cool corn maze will continue to be open for the rest of the month! Click here for information about this event and the farm.
Trick or Treat Trail
Visit downtown Northville’s Mill Race Village at 215 Griswold on Sunday (10/19) starting at 4:40. Admissions are timed to keep things flowing smoothly. Wear a costume and bring a trick or treat bag. This event is rain or shine so come prepared! Note that registration closes on 10/17 at 4:30 p.m. Click here for information.
Monster Mash Bash
A super fun event for preschoolers at Canton’s Summit on the Park recreational facility on Saturday (10/18) from 10:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Registration is required, so click here to check it out.
Last Canton Farmers Market
Yup, it’s true. Well, at least for the 2014 summer season, that is! There will be a harvest market in November to help you get ready for Thanksgiving, plus a few winter markets before spring returns. Don’t miss out on the last of the season’s goodies on Sunday (10/19) from 9:00 to 1:00 at Canton’s Preservation Park (500 Ridge Road).
The Not-Last Plymouth Farmers Market
Plymouth will continue their farmers markets a little longer, but that doesn’t mean you should miss this week’s! Located in The Gathering, adjacent to Kellogg Park in downtown Plymouth on Saturday, 7:30 to 12:30 p.m.
Some of the usuals …
- At the historic Penn Theatre – The Giver starts Friday (10/17) with multiple shows. Click here for show information.
- Sleepy Hollow is on stage at Canton’s Village Theater at Cherry Hill. Click here for information about multiple shows presented by local youth theater group.
- Visit Kellogg Park and check out the creative scarecrows on display sponsored by local businesses and organizations. Enjoy a something yummy from one of the nearby shops while you do!
- Visit Northville’s main square and downtown area to see the clever skeletons (who are doing cool things) on display in the square and in front of many downtown businesses!
- Take a walk through Plymouth Township Park in Plymouth, Heritage Park in Canton, or Ford Field in Northville to enjoy our clean, crisp air and incredible colors of the season!
As always, we hope you have a fun and safe weekend. Don’t forget to post your pictures on our Facebook page, Living In Plymouth , Canton, Northville Communities and leaving your comments below to help others find their way to more fun things to do this weekend!
Till next time,
EXPLORE our website: www.Bittinger.com
LIKE us on Facebook at Living In Plymouth/Canton/Northville Michigan to stay abreast of the local real estate market and to celebrate these communities with us!
LIKE us on Facebook at Michigan Homes Coming Soon to learn about the hottest new listings … sometimes before they are even on the market!