And the latest data indicates that this trend is here to stay!
According to the latest real estate numbers from Trulia, both the average price per square foot as well as the median sales price have increased, even as the total number of home sales have decreased.
This Month’s Canton Real Estate Market Update
Here are the highlights of the latest real estate market report for Canton:
- There are currently 336 homes for sale on the market, including 194 in some stage of the foreclosure process.
- Between February and May, the average price per square foot for Canton homes was $104, up 7.2 percent from the same period last year.
- Also, the median home sales price between February and May was $184,000 based on 85 home sales.
- When compared to last year, the median home sales price has increased 7.6 percent, or about $12,950.
- Meanwhile, the total number of home sales has actually decreased by 71.3 percent.
- Here’s how other communities measured up during that same week when it came to median sales price:
- Northville: $237,850
- Livonia: $140,000
- South Lyon: $223,000
- Farmington: $150,000
- Novi: $255,000
- Plymouth: $255,000
- During the week ending on May 21, the average listing price for Canton homes was $252,036, down 7.9 percent from the week before.
- Broken down, the average listing price for 2-bedroom homes was $153,237.
- The average listing price for 3-bedroom homes was $175,288.
- And the average listing price for 4-bedroom homes was $335,726
- Here’s how other communities compared when it came to average listing price:
- Northville: $513,786
- Livonia: $185,412
- South Lyon: $397,504
- Farmington: $161,751
- Novi: $369,501
- Plymouth: $423,516
Ready to Enter the Canton Real Estate Market as a Seller?
Don’t let the lower number of completed home sales discourage you! Now is a great time to list your property on the market and get a great price for it.
And working with an expert Canton REALTOR® like me, Noel Bittinger, will only increase your chances of enjoying a successful outcome on the market.
Until next time,
EXPLORE our website: www.Bittinger.com
LIKE us on Facebook at Living In Plymouth/Canton/Northville Michigan to stay abreast of the local real estate market and to celebrate these communities with us!
LIKE us on Facebook at Michigan Homes Coming Soon to learn about the hottest new listings … sometimes before they are even on the market!