There are some months on the Canton real estate market where nearly every market indicator seems to be favoring home sellers. And other months where every indicator seems to favor buyers.
And then you have months like this one where it seems to be a mix of good and bad for sellers.
Recent activity shows that the average price per square foot has increased in Canton. But, the total number of home sales has actually decreased.
Continue reading to learn more about the current state of the market.
A Look at Market Activity for Canton Homes
Here’s an overview of the current state of the market, based on the most recent market data:
- Currently there are 323 homes for sale on the market, including scores that are in some stage of the foreclosure process.
- Between October and January, the median sales price for homes was $195,000, based on 203 home sales.
- When compared to the same period last year, the median home sales price has increased 10.2 percent, or about $18,000.
- Meanwhile, the total number of home sales decreased 22.8 percent.
- Also between October and January, the average price per square foot for Canton homes was $106.
- That marks a 11.6 percent increase from the same period last year.
- During the week ending on Jan. 29, the average listing price for homes for sale was $238,279 in Canton.
- When compared to a week before, the average sales price had actually dropped 2.4 percent.
- During that previous week, the average listing price was $243,900.
- Broken down further, the average listing price for a 2-bedroom home was $167,658.
- The average listing price for a 3-bedroom home was $182,843.
- And the average listing price for a 4-bedroom home was $326,502.
- Home sales prices have appreciated 15.1 percent over the last five years.
We Can Help You Get the Price You Want on Your Canton Home for Sale
Although the market appears to be mixed in terms of favoring home sellers, you can increase your chances of getting the outcome you want by working with an experienced Canton REALTOR® like us at the Bittinger Team.
Until next time,
For more information about us, The Bittinger Team, just click here!
Explore our website: www.Bittinger.com
LIKE us on Facebook at Living In Plymouth/Canton/Northville Michigan to stay abreast of the local real estate market and to celebrate these communities with us!
LIKE us on Facebook at Michigan Homes Coming Soon to learn about the hottest new listings … sometimes before they are even on the market!