It’s really starting to look like springtime here in Canton, Michigan. The trees are just starting to bud and the temperatures are rising.
Another sign that spring has begun – the local housing market is really starting to heat up!
As you may know, springtime is a very busy time for the real estate market because home buyers are entering the market with the hopes of getting settled in a home before school starts back in the fall.
Today, I’m going to provide you with a snapshot of just how well the market’s doing!
Michigan Homes for Sale in Canton
Here’s an overview of recent activity on the Canton housing market:
- Currently there are 313 homes for sale on the market, including some that are in some stage of the foreclosure process.
- Between December and February, the average price per square foot for Canton homes was $93, up 10.7 percent when compared to the same period last year.
- During that period, the median sales price for Canton homes was $181,250 based on 316 home sales.
- When compared to last year, the median home sales price has increased 25 percent, or $36,250.
- And the total number of home sales has dropped 4.5 percent year-over-year.
- Here’s a look at how other communities did when it came to median sales price:
- Plymouth, MI: $195,000
- Livonia, MI: $123,900
- Northville, MI: $336,835
- Belleville, MI: $124,799
- Novi, MI: $167,615
- During the week ending on March 20, the average listing price for Canton homes was $216,157, down 6.8 percent from the previous week.
- During that previous week, the average listing price was $231,900
- Broken down further, during the week ending on March 20, the average listing price for a 2-bedroom Canton home was $149,369
- The average listing price for a 3-bedroom home was $163,500
- And the average listing price for a 4-bedroom home was $306,949
- Here’s a look at how other communities did in terms of average listing price
- Plymouth, MI: $335,035
- Livonia, MI: $149,096
- Northville, MI: $502,935
- Belleville, MI: $153,452
- Novi, MI: $1,075,512
Need Help Navigating the Canton Housing Market?
And we’ll be happy to help you as well!
Until next time,