If you’ve been considering listing your home on the Canton, Michigan real estate market anytime soon, then I suggest you take some time to read today’s Wayne County real estate blog.
Below, I’m going to give you a comprehensive overview of the recent Canton real estate market activity.
This information will make you a savvier home seller as you navigate the market, which will ultimately save you time and money!
Continue reading to learn more!
Properties for Sale in Canton, Michigan
Here’s a summary of the current state of the Canton housing market, based on the real estate site Trulia:
- Currently, there are 409 homes for sale on the market, including 336 in some stage of the foreclosure process.
- Between March and May, the average price per square foot for Canton homes was $83, which represents no change from the same period last year.
- Also between March and May, the median sales price for homes was $148,000 based on 261 home sales.
- When compared to the same period last year, the median home sales price has decreased by 3.2 percent.
- Here’s how nearby communities stacked up when it came to median sales price
South Lyon: $192,765
- Meanwhile, the total number of home sales has decreased by 13.6 percent.
- During the week ending on June 13, the average listing price for Canton homes was $221,931, up 0.5 percent when compared to the week before.
- During that previous week, the average listing price was $220,869.
- During the week ending on June 13, the average listing price for a 2-bedroom Canton home was $106,208.
- The average listing price for a 3-bedroom home was $178,418.
- And the average listing price for a 4-bedroom home was $279,754.
- Here’s how nearby communities stacked up when it came to average listing price:
South Lyon: $300,204
Canton, Michigan Real Estate
I hope you found the above information helpful and insightful as a potential Canton home seller.
For even more up-to-date information about Canton market activity – as well as expert advice on the best way to navigate the market as a home seller – please contact me, Noel Bittinger.
As a long-time Southeastern Michigan REALTOR, I have extensive experience selling homes in a number of Canton neighborhoods, including:
And I’ll be happy to help you with all of your home-selling needs as well!
Until next time,