As I mentioned in a previous blog, home staging is one of the most important things that a homeowner can do to ensure that their house is ready for the Canton real estate market.
After all, by staging your home appropriately, you’re guaranteeing a positive first impression on interested home buyers as well as increasing your chances of getting a good price on your Canton home.
But what exactly does home staging entail? It’s not as complex as you might think. With just a few adjustments throughout, your Canton home will be market ready in no time!
Continue reading to learn more!
Canton Homes for Sale
Here are some tips on how you can prepare your home for the Canton Michigan real estate market:
- Mentally Prepare Yourself for Letting Go of Your Home: As experienced Canton REALTORS, we understand how difficult it can be to let go of your home. After all, there are a lot of precious family memories in the rooms of your home. But preparing yourself emotionally to one day hand over the house keys to another family will take a lot of stress off of you as you move through the home selling process. So the earlier you do it, the better.
- De-personalize Your Home: You want interested home buyers to be able to picture their family and their things in your home. You don’t want them to be distracted by the dozens of family pictures you have hung up all over your house or by your expansive knick-knack collection. A few accents here and there add a nice touch but too many will have interested home buyers feel like they’re intruding on your property. To get yourself in the mindset, view your property as a house, not a home – something that you’re marketing to sell like any other product.
- De-Clutterize: Too many things in your home only distracts potential home buyers from the home’s floor plan and design – which is that part they’re actually be investing in. Plus, a cluttered room can make the room seem smaller than it actually is – which may not leave a good impression on potential home buyers. So clean up your home, get rid of anything you haven’t used in over a year and put your superfluous knick-knacks away.
- Organize Your Closets and Cabinets: Disorganized storage areas in your home raise a subtle red flag to buyers about how well you took care of the rest of the house. But just think of the message you’d send to buyers if everything was organized and neatly arranged! Thus, get started by making such simple adjustments as hanging all your shirts in the same fashion or making sure all your cup handles to face the same direction.
- Put Away Your Irreplaceable Items: Oftentimes in home sales, buyers and sellers will negotiate what appliances come with the home sale. Thus, if there’s something precious that is irreplaceable to you, put it away so the buyer never knows about it and it’s never at risk of going on the negotiation table. Otherwise, you risk having a feud over the item during negotiations, which could cause you to lose a deal.
- Address Minor Repairs: You want your home to be in the best shape possible when you’re showing to potential home buyers. SO give your home a mini-makeover by addressing those dated repair projects. IS there a crack in a bathroom tile? Repair it! Leaky faucet? Fix it! Light bulb out in the hall closet? Replace it! These subtle improvements could make a big difference to a home buyer’s overall impression of your house.
- Buyers Do Judge a Book by Its Cover. So make sure your home has curb appeal by trimming back bushes, cleaning the shutters, mowing the lawn and keeping the sidewalk clear. You might even consider planting some bright colored flowers so your home gives off a warm and inviting vibe.
Your Canton, Michigan Real Estate Experts
I hope these tips proves helpful to you as a Canton home seller. As you can see, none of these suggestions should take up much time at all but they will make a world of difference on a home buyer’s first impression of your home.
We’ll be happy to answer any questions you might have as well as provide you with such helpful home selling tools as:
Until next time,