Here on the Canton Michigan real estate market, we believe that knowledge is power when it comes to selling your home.
After all, knowing what’s selling in your area and for house much will help you immensely as you move through negotiations with an interested home buyer.
Thus, every month, we will give you an update on the current state of the market. This data, which is constantly changing, will bring you up-to-speed on buyer activity on the Canton real estate market.
Continue reading to learn about how home sellers fared during the last month.
Canton Properties for Sale
Here’s a look at the current state of the Canton real estate market, based on the most recent data from the real estate website Trulia:
- Currently there are 446 resale and new homes on the Canton real estate market, including 328 homes in the pre-foreclosure, auction or bank-owned stages
- The average price per square foot for a Canton home is $84, which represents a 7.7 percent decrease when compared to the same time last year.
- Between July and September, the median sales price for a home on the Canton real estate market was $180,000, which is a 4.3 percent decrease when compared to the previous year.
- Last year, the median sales price was $188,050.
- For the week ending on Oct. 26, the average listing price for a Canton home was $196,476, which is a 0.3 percent decrease when compared to the week before.
- During that same week, the median sales price for a two-bedroom home was $45,000
- The median sales price for a three-bedroom Canton property was $130,000.
- And the median sales price for a four-bedroom home was $195,000.
Your Canton REALTORS
I hope you found this information helpful as a Canton home seller.
If you’d like to receive a consultation on how this recent activity may affect your efforts to sell your Canton home, then contact me, Noel Bittinger, today.
As an experienced Canton real estate agent, I’ll be happy to interpret this recent data as well as answer any questions you might have about navigating the housing market here in Canton.
I’ll also be happy to provide you with a number of helpful home selling resources, such as:
Until next time,